Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Oh, and 5 miners were killed

I am a "connection", which in the horse world means I hover around someone who actually owns a horse. As the "connectee" I have been just outside the spotlights in some pretty bright limelight bathing my "connector", and I well and truly admire and understand the attaction of fine racing horses.

Last Saturday the Kentucky Derby winner broke a leg running the Preakness.

Oh, and 5 miners were killed in a Kentucky mine blast, making it now 11 mining deaths just in Kentucky and just this year.

"A horse is not just a horse, of course":

On Monday morning's Today Show, the lead story was not the five Kentucky miners who died in Harlan County, but a live interview with the surgeon who had operated on Barbaro the day before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home