Thursday, May 11, 2006

Naked shorts

Following a referral on my StatCounter I came across this fellow blogger at NakedShorts. He's a Kiwi, so not half bad. He has acerbic comments about the world we live in, particularly the world of finance. His blog started about the same time as Guambat's. And he's almost a dead ringer for Unka Tony (at least so far as I remember him). So I was intrigued.

His post on ETFs led me to a greater knowledge of just what they are -- and are not. But I was even more grateful for pointing to a website that translates acronyms and abbreviations, and amused by the one he proposed we decipher.

He brought me more information on the shorting side of copper, and shared his personal perspective and pain of the same subject.

And he has chronicled another financial scandal involving "the collapse of Paul Eustace’s Philadelphia Alternative Asset Management Co" that I hadn't noticed.

So, you might want to have a read of it, yourself. I'll check in from time to time and might get around to extending my blog list, because his blog also links to many of the blogs in my favourites list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home